New items can easily be added from the associated items list or from the Associated Items Group pop-up. This article covers adding an associated project item from an Associated Items List and from the Associated Items Group pop-up box in the Project View Form.
1. Method 1:From the Associated Items Group on the Ribbon
- From the Project Center, select one or more project names.
- Click the Items tab.
1.1. Click Associated Item Type
- Click the desired associated item type from within the Associated Items group. For this example, issues will be selected.
1.2. View the List of Associated Issues
- View the list of Associated Issues.
- Click the New Item button.
1.3. Add the Title & Name of Associated Project
- Add the title.
- Add the name of the associated project of the new issue.
- Add additional information.
- Click Save.
Note: With the ability to select and view the associated items for multiple projects from the Project Center, the project name will need to be manually entered when adding a new item from the Associated Items list. The default is to allow only one project name to be entered into the project field. For lookup fields, it is considered best practice to associate items to only one project name.
2. Method 2: From the View Form
- Click the Project Title in the Project Center.
2.1. View the Project View Form
- View the Project View Form.
- Scroll to bottom to view the Associated Items Group.
2.2. View the Associated Items Group
- View the Associated Items Group.
2.3. View Associated Issues
- Hover over the Issues bubble to view the associated issues.
- Click the plus sign (+) to add a new issue.
2.4. Add Title and Project
- Add the title
- Add the associated project.
- Additional information.
- Click Save.
2.5. View the Added Issue
- View the added issue.