This article explains how and when to use the Refresh Items button in your EPM Live List Apps.
1. Scenario 1: Fields Mapped from a List to the PortfolioEngine Database
PortfolioEngine Settings Page
When fields are mapped from an EPM Live SharePoint list (ex: Project Center) to the PortfolioEngine database, data in the SharePoint Field will copy over to it's corresponding PortfolioEngine field. This happens when a new item is created or an item is edited. However, when you map any fields, the existing list items will not update automatically until edited or when the list is refreshed.
2. Scenario 2: Fields Mapped for Reporting
Reporting Settings Page
When fields are mapped from an EPM Live list for reporting (to the Reporting database), data in the field will copy over to it's corresponding reporting table. This happens when a new item is created or an item is edited. However, when you map any fields, the existing list items will not update automatically in the database table until edited or when the list is refreshed. This is especially important when a list has the Enable Content DB feature enabled. for list views
3. Refresh List
- Navigate to the List App.
- Open the List Ribbon Tab.
- Click Refresh Items.
4. Refreshing the Resource Pool
The Resource Pool (Resources List) doesn't show the Ribbon, so the Refresh Items button is not available. The EPM Live Timer is scheduled to run daily (set on the Timer Settings page). At the designated time, each item in the Resources list is refreshed. If needed, there's a Run Now option to run the Resource Pool Refresh Timer when needed.
This does the following:
- Updates fields mapped for Reporting in the Reporting database tables
- Updates fields mapped to the PortfolioEngine Database Resources table
- Copies members of the site permissions groups to the matching Portfolio Permissions groups
- The Standard Rate column is updated based on the role rate, or the named rate from the Rates Table. Note: The Rates Table supersedes the role rate.