This article will show you how to change the Data Source for an SSRS Report in the Report Library. For any new/custom SSRS reports that are created, you will need to modify the Data Source on the reports, so that it points to the EPM Live Reporting Database that is connected to your Site App.
Note: When the Setup Wizard runs on your Site App, the wizard updates each report's Data Source to be the Data Source shown (this should be the EPM Live Reporting DB for your site collection). So, by running the Setup Wizard again, it's a quick way to update the Data Source for all the reports, rather than manually updating each report individually.
1. Navigate to the Classic Reports Report Library
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Enterprise Reporting Heading, select Report Library.
2. Open the epmlivetl Folder
Select the epmlivetl folder.
3. Open the Report Folder
Navigate through the folder structure until you get to the desired report.
4. Modify the Desired Report
- Open the contextual menu for the desired report.
- Select Manage Data Sources.
5. Select the Report's Current Data Source
Select the name of the Data Source.
6. Select New Data Source
- Connection Type: Select whether this data source is Shared or Customer.
- Data Source Link: If the connection type is shared (which is the standard setting), the Data Source Link will show. Type in or select the Data Source Link from the browse button. The Data Source will typically be the EPMLiveReportDB, which is located in the Data Sources folder in the Report Library.
- When finished, click the OK button.