In this article, you will learn how to configure the View Permission Settings in a List App. The View Permission Settings option will display the security groups defined for the site and allow the selection of a default view as well as specific views that the security group can access.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open View Permission Settings
Under the Permissions and Management heading, select View Permission Settings (EPM Live).
3. Configure View Permissions
For each security group displayed on the left:
- Select the group's Default View.
- Select the group's Available Views that members of the group will have access to view for this List App.
4. Clear all View Permission Settings
To return all View Permission Settings reset back to the default, click the Clear All button. If needed, this will return all View Permission Settings to the default setting, which is all permission groups have access to all views and all have the same default view. The standard default view is set in the View Settings for the List App. Check the box to make that view the default.
5. Save and Close View Permission Settings
When finished, click OK.