This article explains the available versioning options within document libraries.
1. Navigate to Library Settings
Navigate to the Library App.
- Select the Library Ribbon Tab.
- Select Library Settings.
2. Open Versioning Settings
Under the General Settings heading, click Versioning Settings.
3. Select Version History
- Select your preference for version history. The available options are No versioning, major versions, major & minor versions.
- Select how many major versions to retain at any given time. If No versioning is selected in the previous setting, this box will be greyed out.
- Select how many draft (minor versions) to retain. This setting is only available if you selected to create major and minor versions in the setting above.
4. Click OK to Close
When finished, click OK.