This article shows how to add an app into your EPM Live site. For instructions on adding an EPM Live App from the App Marketplace, refer to the article Configuration - Installing/Adding a Custom EPM Live App.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to Add an App
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Settings heading, select Add an App.
2. Add an App
- From this page, you can choose to add an EPM Live Custom App. To do so, click the blue box to navigate to the EPM Live App Marketplace. Then, refer to the article "Installing/Adding a Custom EPM Live App" for further instructions.
- Otherwise, select the type of app to add, meaning the type of content to create on your EPM Live site.
2.1. Select App Template/Type
Note: If you are looking to create a new list or library, there's a good chance EPM Live already has that List App available (or one similar) for adding to your Site. Check out the App Marketplace first to potentially save you configuration time and effort.
Select the Content Template for the type of List App or Library App you want to create.
2.2. Name the App
- Enter the name of the List or Library App.
- Click the Create button.
- Note: If desired, click the Advanced Options link.
2.3. New App Advanced Options
Note: These options will vary based on the type of App you are creating. For example, options 3 and 4 above are only available for new document library-type Apps.
- Name: Enter the name of the App.
- Description: Enter a description for the App.
- Version History: Select Yes or No, for whether to create a version each time a file is edited in this document library?
- Document Template: Select the document template type, or select None.
- When finished, click the Create button.
3. Configure Your New App
Based on the type of App you added, you can now configure the app as needed. For example, go into the List Setting or the Library Settings to add fields or change settings. Otherwise, users can now add items/documents to the app.