The lesson shows how to define who has Site Collection Administrator (SCA) permissions on the EPM Live Site Collection. Resources that are given Site Collection Administrative rights have full rights over the entire Site App, and any potential sub-sites within the Site App Collection. It is recommended to not have too many SCA's in one site, as it increases the risk for someone making unwanted changes, deleting site, features, etc.
Note: The SCAs are defined separately than the rest of the Users' Group Permissions, which are managed in the Resource Pool. You must first add the user to the Resource Pool. Then, you can add that user as an SCA.
1. Navigate to SharePoint Site Settings
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Settings heading, select SharePoint Site Settings.
2. Open Site Collection Administrators
- Click the Site Collection Administrators button.
Note: Alternatively, you may access the Site Collection Administrators page from the People and Groups page (2nd screen shot).
3. Add or Remove the Site Collection Administrators
- Enter the names of the users to add as Site Collection Administrators.
- As you type, the available names will show. Select the desired name.
- The name will validate in the window. Note: If you have mis-typed the name, select the name, and you will be prompted with suggestions of similar names. If needed, click the x to the right of the username to remove that user as a Site Collection Administrator.
- When finished, click OK.