This article will show you the database schema for EPM Live.
From the end user interface, all data is entered into the EPM Live Site Collection, which is a SharePoint Site Collection. This article explains how data is stored and moved to and between the databases for EPM Live to function.
EPM Live resides on the SharePoint platform, so all list data gets stored in the SharePoint Content Database. Additionally, EPM Live creates the following databases at the time of the installation and/or Site Collection creation: EPM Live Database, EPM Live Content Database (also referred to as the Reporting DB), and the PortfolioEngine Database.
1. EPM Live Databases Overview
1.1. EPM Live Database
The EPM Live Database stores all Timesheet Data time-phased per timesheet period. The EPM Live Database also contains the Timer Jobs, the Queue, and other EPM Live-specific items.
- Timesheet Data
- Integrations (INT_*)
- Email Templates
- Timer Jobs
- EPM Live Analytics Reports (XML)
1.2. PortfolioEngine Database
Certain data that is entered into the EPM Live site maps to the PortfolioEngine Database, which is in use for the Portfolio Planning tools for Cost and Resource Management. This Database is created whether or not your organization will be using Portfolio Cost and Resource Planning tools.
Stores: Portfolio Tools
- All related content and settings: Resource Planner & Analyzer, Cost Planner & Analyzer, Modeler, Optimizer
- PFE Functions: Logs, Permissions, Rates, Resource Managers, Resource Plans, List of Resources, Costs
- Portfolio Items List
- Resources List
- Other Settings that do not go to Reporting DB
- Site URL
1.3. EPM Live Content Database / Reporting Database
All data in the SharePoint Content Database is available in the EPM Live Content Database for reporting purposes. The EPM Live Content Database stores both live data and snapshot data tables within the database. The Timesheet data is available in the EPM Live Content Database for reporting purposes. The EPM Live Content Database stores the timesheet data in the Timesheet Table (TSData). The PortfolioEngine data is available in the EPM Live Content Database for reporting purposes. The EPM Live Content Database stores the portfolio cost and resource data in the PortfolioEngine tables (EPG).
- EPM Live Settings
- List Data (mapped lists) - both in Live Table & Snapshot Table
- Timesheet Data (RPTTSData Table)
- Portfolio Tools Data (EPG Tables)
- Security Data
- Social Stream
The following tools use the EPM Live Content Database as the data source, which enhances the performance/load time to access the data:
- Grid/Gantt Web Part List General Settings - Enable Content DB feature
- My Work (The My Work Grid) - Enable Performance feature
- Resource Pool (The Resources Grid) - Automatically mapped
- Build Team Feature - Automatically mapped
- Timesheets User Interface - Automatically mapped
1.4. SharePoint Content Database
List & document library data is saved into the SharePoint Content Database, just as if it were a normal SharePoint site. EPM Live does not modify that functionality or process in any way.
- List & Library Items
- SharePoint Settings