Subreports (child reports) are reports with a drill down key. This is a key field that is used in other reports and are set on the Misc tab of the Report Designer. Any report can be a child report if the drill down key is defined. This article covers how to set the drill down key in the child report and then how to add the drill down in the parent report.
1. Select the Child Report to Set the Drill Down Key
- Select the category.
- Select the child report.
1.1. Click the Report Designer Tool
- Click the Report Designer tool.
1.2. Click the Misc Tab
- Click the Misc tab.
1.3. Set the drill-down key in the Child Report
- Set a drill down key. This is a key field that will be used by other reports, acting as a parent report, to send information to the sub-report.
Note: The field name selected here must be the same name that appears in the parent report (Step 3.2).
2. Create New Report
- Click the New button.
3. Select Fields in Parent Report
- Select the parent report.
3.1. Continue to Fields
- Click Continue to fields button.
3.2. Select the Fields
- Select the fields. Note: The first name selected here must be the same name that appears in the child report (Step 1.3).
- Modify names of fields.
3.3. Click the Advanced Field Settings
- Click the Advanced Field Settings (Pass Values to Drill-down Key of Child Report).
3.4. Select Target Subreport
- Select the target subreport name from the Subreport dropdown. These are the values which will pass to your first drill down key value in the subreport.
- Select the behavior for your subreport from the Drill-Down Style dropdown. Click OK.
- Click Preview.
3.6. Click the Drill down Link
- Click the Drill down link.
3.7. View the Pop Up Window
- View the report in the Pop Up Window.