SQL Server 2016
SQL Server 2016 (Standard or higher) must be installed and configured for use by SharePoint. During the SharePoint installation, do NOT install using SQL Server Express. If SQL Server Express is used for SharePoint, the EPM Live installation will not be able to take place and SharePoint will need to be re-installed.
- SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services is required for use with EPM Live SSRS reports.
Mixed Mode Authentication for SQL
- This is required, because EPM Live uses a SQL Authenticated Account. This is required in order to complete installation of EPM Live.
- The authentication is either Windows or SQL/Windows (Mixed). If your environment is Windows, change it to Mixed.
- A SQL authenticated user is required for a connection string that will be stored in the registry. This user will be created during installation or ahead of time if needed.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
SSRS is a component of SQL and is installed using the same installation files that were used for SQL itself.
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) 2012 with SP 1 must be installed on a SharePoint server, configured in SharePoint Integrated Mode. Install both components from the SQL Installation Media on a server connected to the SharePoint Farm.
Note: This is required before a new site collection can be created from the Out of Box EPM Live site templates.
SQL Server 2016 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint
This add-in must be installed and configured for SSRS to operate properly with the SharePoint Farm. The add-in must be installed on all SharePoint servers in the farm. This can be installed as part of the SQL installation, or downloaded here:
Microsoft Report Viewer 2016
Microsoft Report Viewer 2016. When SQL Server 2016 is installed, the Report Viewer is an available option to install automatically. Select to install the Report Viewer.
Microsoft Office SharePoint 2016
SharePoint 2016 (Enterprise & Standard editions are both supported) must be installed and configured before installing EPM Live.
EPM Live requires the December 2016 CU for SharePoint 2016.
On-Premise installations of EPM Live are only performed and supported on dedicated SharePoint Farms (SharePoint Foundation as a minimum requirement). A Dedicated SharePoint Farm is defined as a SharePoint installation in which EPM Live will be the primary solution installed on the farm without additional SharePoint applications installed on the farm.
Note that EPM Live recommends running the 2016/6.x software on a farm architecture with a minimum of one WFE/App server and one database server, as shown below:
EPM Live aligns with Microsoft for SharePoint for sizing: memory, # of processors, hard drive space, etc. The Microsoft requirements and recommendations can be found here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262485(v=office.16).aspx.
EPM Live on its own SharePoint Farm
EPM Live requires its own SharePoint farm. There are two main reasons for this.
- Performance: If your organization is sharing the farm with other sites and applications, it’s impossible for the EPM Live team to give accurate performance recommendation, since we don’t know what is happening on the other sites.
- Risk of interference: If your organization has other sites and applications, it’s very possible that our software can interfere with your other sites, and vice versa. We can’t know what kind of customizations are going to be done in the other site, and how those customizations will interact with our software. Also, some of our solutions are deployed globally which means that our software may interact with your other site collections. It would be possible for someone with the right permissions to try to activate an EPM Live feature that may cause damage to the other site. Because of this, we see using a shared farm as a risk to both our sites and your other sites.
Web Application Setup
- EPM Live requires that the SharePoint farm should have a Web Application created specifically for EPM Live. On-Premise installation of EPM Live are only performed and supported on dedicated SharePoint Farms (SharePoint Foundation as a minimum requirement). A Dedicated SharePoint Farm is defined as a SharePoint installation in which EPM Live will be the primary solution installed on the farm without additional SharePoint applications installed on the farm.
- EPM Live supports both Forms and NTLM (Windows) authentication. SharePoint 2013 is all claims based authentication, whether Forms or NTLM.
If using Project Publisher, must set the "persistence" setting in your Load Balancer to "Source IP."
Confirm Internet connectivity from the SharePoint Farm server running Central Admin. Internet access without a proxy will be needed to properly authenticate the EPM Live key. If Internet access is not available, please provide the farm GUID.
Internet is required for installation of applications & also for accessing the online EPM Live workspace gallery. There are no other alternatives at this time. If a proxy server that does not require authentication is used, create a configuration file for the WorkEngine timer service so that the service can access the internet to download application content.