The user stated that there are some costs those posted to a different account from the one, he wanted to. When the user looks at "items" and go to "profile" the setting should be "hierarchy" but even some of those go to account ###.
- Checked and found out that some items had "Posting Account Preferences" set to use "Posting Groups"
- we checked the detailed activity of the ### account and noticed that multiple sales invoices are listed in the detailed activity
We noted that you can avoid this by checking all the inventory posting groups (under Setup->Accounting->Posting Groups) to make sure nothing is going to ###.
Points to highlight
1. The account is dependent on location. If no accounts are set for the document location, Everest will try to get the settings from the current logged in location. If it's not defined on the current logged in location, then Everest will search the default accounts, located under Preferences -> Defaults -> Accounting. In short, the priority for Everest will be document location, current (logged in) location, then default settings.
1.1 Location specific accounting settings can be found on File->Setup->Accounting->Location/SubLocation. In the window that opens, open individual location and set the accounts as needed from the "Accounting" tab.
2. On your current setup, for each item, accounting information related to each item will be taken as specified on each item profile, under the "accounts" tab. You have 3 options to select: Use accounts based on hierarchy (this should eliminate your current issue), use posting groups or specify accounts (this will allow you to select accounts for each item individually).
3. This approach can be changed, allowing you to use accounts based on customer or vendor profile instead.
You can change this from Setup-> Preferences -> Flow Control -> All, then select Miscellaneous Tab, Others (Subtab), then Others 2 (Sub-sub-tab). On the bottom side of the page, under "Posting Group used to resolve GL accounts" you now have selected "Inventory Posting Group", which implies each individual item will have its own accounts profile. Should you want your accounts to be selected from customer profile, you can change this setting to "Customers and Vendors Posting Groups", then control the accounts settings from each individual customer or vendor profile, in a similar fashion as you would do on the items.
You can find out more on the topic, in great detail, if you press F1 with one of the above 2 selections highlighted. In the help window that opens, identify the "Miscellaneous - Others", page and on it you will see this fully explained.
Article By: Cristian Cucu