Users encounter performance issues with Everest, such as slow loading browsers, long execution times for queries, and delays searching invoices.
Reindex the database and defragment the index to improve performance.
- Have all users log out of Everest. Ideally, defrag and reindex should be done after hours.
- In SQL Server Management Studio, select the Everest database.
- Open New Query for the selected database.
- Execute the stored procedures on EVEREST_xxxxxx database in the order given below:
- Exec DATABASE_REINDEX to reindex the database
Exec INDEX_DEFRAGMENTATION to defragment the index
Notes: The stored procedures will display all changes made. Execution may take several hours, depending on the size of the database.
If performance issues persist after following this procedure, please contact Support.
You can reindex the database and defragment the index directly from the Everest user interface. Defrag and reindex should be done after hours, with all users logged out.
- Database Maintenance > Rebuild Indexes to execute DATABASE_REINDEX
- Database Maintenance > Defragment Indexes to execute INDEX_DEFRAGMENTATION