The computer says “Preparing for payment” during Credit Card Payment, with the eyeglass spinning around for a long time.
In this type of situation of severe performance results, we suggest to do a defrag and a reindex of their database. This solution should only be executed when the users are not logged into Everest.
Attention: First is recommended to backup the database (instructions below).
REINDEX & DEFRAG
The following script helps you to reorganize your database :
- Have all users log out of Everest. Ideally, defrag and reindex should be done after hours.
- Depending on the size of the database, this process can take from 30 to 45 minutes.
- In SQL Server Management Studio, select the Everest database
- Open the New Query, for the selected database
- Execute the following procedures, in the same order given below:
- Exec DATABASE_REINDEX
- Exec INDEX_DEFRAGMENTATION
- Reboot your server once the reindex and defrag is done.
To take a backup of the Everest database:
- Open your Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Using your Database Username and Password, simply login to your MS SQL server database.
- Select the database > Right-click > Tasks > Back Up. Once you click on the “Backup” the following Backup Database window will appear
- Select the following options:
- Backup type: Full
- Under Destination, Backup to: Disk
- Now, by clicking on the “Add” button the following window will appear to select the path and file name for the database backup file
- Select the destination folder for the backup file and enter the “File name” with .bak extension