Think of the Respect Links as a feature that provides the option of creating a project schedule with manually scheduled tasks or creating a schedule with automatically scheduled tasks (being constrained by both its Start and Finish dates). If you want a manually scheduled task schedule you must disable the “Respect Links” icon in the Project Planner. With Respect links enabled, the user can make changes and the schedule will respect the links and reflect this in the Gantt. With Respect Links disabled, the user can make changes (i.e, duration), but the predecessors will not be affected.
Articles in this section
- EPM Live 2016 - User Guide (PDF)
- EPM Live 2016 - User Guide Table of Contents
- How to Create a KanBan Planner for an Existing Project
- Team Member Licencing limit cannot be used
- How do I delete a project with Project Publisher?
- How do I Map Resources in Project Publisher?
- How do I Synchronize Fields with Project Publisher?
- How do I update Project Information with Project Publisher?
- How can I verify which Cost Analyzer I have installed?
- How do I access the New Form, the View Form, and the Edit Form?