There are times that you may want to upload a document that is not associated to a project item. Use the Drag File Here option to quickly drag and drop a file into the Documents Library. This article covers uploading a document using the Drag Files Here option available in the Documents Library.
Note: Depending on your environment and your site permissions your screen may look different.
1. Navigate to Documents
- Click the Navigation icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the Documents link on the Navigation Menu.
2. Select and Drag Document
- Select the desired document.
- Hold the Control key down and drag the document to the drag files here web part. Release the mouse and then the Control key.
3. Refresh Screen
- Click the Refresh link to refresh your screen (F5).
- Expand the Project Heading.
4. View the Uploaded Document
- View the uploaded document.
Note: This document is not associated to any project item. If you would like to associated it to a project, use the Edit View Form to add the title of the associated project name.
Note: These steps are applicable for uploading a document at the workpsace level in Shared Documents.