Summary tasks are used to group and organize detailed tasks. Summary tasks do not have assigned resources. The durations for summary tasks are rolled up from the detailed tasks. This article covers entering a summary task within the Online Project Planner.
1. Click Summary Task
- Select the row in the Online Project Planner where the summary task should be created.
- Click Summary on the Tasks tab (Ribbon menu).
2. View the Summary Task
- View the new Summary Task added to the task list.
3. Enter the Summary Task Name
- Enter a new name (e.g. Prelim) for the summary task by typing over Summary Task 1.
4. Click Save
- Click Save.