When a resource submits a timesheet, the Project Manager and Timesheet Manager are able to approve or reject the time entered. This article covers changing the view to the Project Manager's Approval view.
1. Navigate to Timesheets
- Click the My Workplace icon on the Icon Bar.
- Click the My Timesheet link on the Navigation Menu.
2. Click the Project Manager Link
- Click the Project Manager link. Once a timesheet has been saved and submitted, it is time for the Project Manager's Approval.
Note: The Project Manager approves at the task level.
3. Expand the List
- Click the plus signs to the left of the project name to expand the list.
4. Expand Name(s)
- Click the plus signs to the left of the resource name to expand the list.
5. Reject or Accept the Listed Items
- Check the boxes to the left of the items that are to be approved or rejected. For this lesson, the items will be approved.
- Click the Approved button located on the Timesheets tab.
6. View the Approved Items
- View the approved work items.
Note: The final steps in the Timesheet Approval Process include the Project Manager pulling the timesheet changes into the project schedule and the Timesheet Manager approving the timesheets. After a timesheet is submitted, any tasks that were noted as complete should be unchecked as timesheet items in the task schedule by the Project Manager. This will ensure that the timesheet item is not added to the timesheet multiple times.