This lesson covers the process of canceling a resource commitment. Canceling is an optional process after the initial negotiations have been completed (resource is committed).
1. Launch the Resource Planner
- Either the Resource Manager or the Project Manager can launch the Resource Planner and add a change after a resource has been committed.
2. Cancel a Commitment in the Resource Planner
- Select desired row to be canceled.
- Click the Cancel button.
- Click the Save button. Note: This resource allocation will now be removed.
3. View the Icons
Notice the following update made to the icon:
- Status Icon changes to Canceled.
- The PM or RM columns will change to Blank. No further action is needed by either the Project Manager or Resource Manager.