This article shows how to manage the Planner templates in the Planner Templates Document Library for projects scheduled with Microsoft Project.
1. Navigate to Planner Templates
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Planner Settings heading, select Planner Templates.
2. Open the MS Project Folder
A separate template folder shows for each type of Planner being used in the EPM Live Site App. The core EPM Live solution includes a folder for MSProject and ProjectPlanner when the Site App is initially created. Once a template is saved for the Microsoft Project schedules, then the saved template file will show in the MSProject folder.
- There is a Microsoft Project blank schedule template that is located outside the folders. This is the out-of-box Microsoft Project schedule that is launched from EPM Live if no other Microsoft Project schedule template has been uploaded.
- Additional template schedules can be uploaded to the library, and the schedule templates would go into the Microsoft Project (MS Project) folder. Select the MsProject folder name.
3. Upload Template Using Upload Menu
Select the Upload drop down menu. Then, select Upload Document.
4. Located MS Project File
- Browse to the Microsoft Project Schedule Template file on your client machine.
- Click the OK button.
Note: Be sure to use the Microsoft Project .mpp files as your templates. Do not use an .mpt file.
5. View & Manage the MS Project Planner Templates
Note: The schedule template may be launched from here, if the template file is to be updated. When a new Project is created and Edit Plan is selected, the user will be prompted for which template to use based on the available templates for that Planner type. A new project's plan is NOT launched from here.
- Select the template's contextual drop down menu.
- Make any applicable selection, such as View Properties, Delete, etc.