This article will show you how to manage the Active Directory Sync tool. This tool is available for On-Premise customers only. The Active Directory Sync tool allows groups/members of your Active Directory to automatically synchronize with the EPM Live Resource Pool.
1. Navigate to Active Directory Synch
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Utilities heading, select Active Directory Synch.
2. Select Groups to Synchronize
- Select the Groups to sync from the Active Directory to the EPM Live Resource Pool.
- Use the left and right arrows to add or remove the Groups.
- All Groups that will sync will show on the right hand side.
3. Field Mappings
Select which Active Directory fields to map to the corresponding Resource Pool fields.
4. Schedule Type
- Schedule Type: Select whether to run the sync Daily or Monthly.
- Time: Select the Time to run the sync.
- Last Run and Last Result: A time stamp will show for the last sync with the results.
- View Log: Click the link to view the log for the last run sync.
- Day(s) of the Week: If set to Daily, select the days of the week to run the sync. If set to Monthly, select the day of the month to run the sync.
5. Entity Exclusions
This section lists entities to be excluded from the Resource Pool synchronization process. If applicable, enter any exclusions. If entering multiple, list the exclusions separated by a semi-colon (i.e. john smith;jane doe).
6. Delete Resource Pool Members Option
When Resources in the EPM Live Resource Pool are not part of any of the synchronized Active Directory Groups, you have two options for what to do with the Resource in the EPM Live Resource Pool.
Delete Members: When checked, the Resources will be deleted from the EPM Live Resource Pool.
Disable Members: When unchecked, the Resources will be disabled in, but not deleted from the EPM Live Resource Pool.
7. Run or Save and Close Active Directory Sync Tool
- To run the sync no, click the Run Now button.
- To save and close the sync settings, click the Save Settings button.