This article will show you how to schedule the Timesheet Cost Timer. The Timesheet Cost Timer takes the hours quantity from the Timesheets and pushes them to the PortfolioEngine Database. Then, it calculates those hours into costs (hours multiplied by rate), which then populates the Timesheet Actuals Cost Type data. It is recommended that the daily Reporting Refresh gets scheduled AFTER the Timesheet Cost Timer time. This way, the most current hours and costs will be available when the reporting database is updated from the Reporting Refresh.
For more information about the use of the Timesheet Cost Timer, refer to the article Timesheet Settings: Understanding Timesheet Data Process.
1. Navigate to Timesheet Costs
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under the Utilities heading, select Timesheet Costs.
2. Configure the Timesheet Costs Timer Settings
- Select the time to have the Timer run each day.
- Last Run Status, Time stamp, and Results: These update each time the Timesheet Costs Timer runs.
- Log: Click the View Log link to see the Log.
- Run Synch Now: Click this button to Run the Timesheet Costs Timer immediately.
- Save: Click this button to save the settings. The Timesheet Costs Timer will run at the scheduled time.
3. View Log Results
The following information is shown on the View Log:
- Last Run Time stamp
- Last Run Results
- Log: This will specify if there was an issue or error, and what it was.