This article explains how to configure the Calendars and Periods, as used by the Resource and Cost Management Tools (Resource Planner, Resource Analyzer, Cost Planner, Cost Analyzer and Modeler). This page is accessible under both the Cost Management and the Resource Management headings.
Note: When configuring the various Cost and/or Resource Planning Tools, only select one calendar to be used across all the tools. For example, if Calendar Months is your chosen calendar, always select Calendar Months. Do not toggle back and forth between using multiple calendars.
1. Navigate to Calendars & Periods
- Select the Settings Gear icon on the Icon Bar.
- Under either the Resource Management or Cost Management heading, select Calendars and Periods.
Note: Regardless whether you navigate to Calendars and Periods from under the Cost Management or Resource Management heading, you are directed to the same Calendars and Periods settings page.
2. Add a New Calendar
To add a new calendar click the Add button.
When creating a new calendar to use for cost and resource planning portfolio tools (Cost Planner & Analyzer, Resource Planner & Analyzer, Cost Modeler, Optimizer), you will then need to select the calendar to be used in the various tools & their settings pages.
3. Delete an Existing Calendar
- Select the Calendar to delete.
- Click the Delete button.
4. Modify Existing Calendar
- Select the calendar to modify.
- Click the Modify button.
5. Configure the Calendar Name and Periods
- Enter or update the Calendar Name.
- Click the Add button to add a new Period to the end.
- Click the Insert button to add a Period above the selected Period.
- Click the Delete button to delete the selected Period.
- When adding or editing a Calendar Period, type the Name and update the Start and Finish dates for the Period.
- When finished, click Save.