In this article, you will learn how to enable a List App as a Work List. Work Lists are lists for items that are assigned to users, have an estimated amount of effort, and have a start & due date. Common examples include issues, tasks, risks, backlog tasks, service requests, changes, etc.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open General Settings (EPM Live)
Under the General Settings heading, select General Settings (EPM Live).
3. Work List Feature
Enable WorkEngine Work List Features: When checked, the setting is enabled. By enabling the Work List Features, several components will be added to the List App to integrate with EPM Live "Work" Features. The following occurs when enabled:
- The Grid/Gantt Web Part is added to all views in this List App.
- Event handlers are added to handle the “Complete” logic.
- Complete, % Complete, and Status fields are added, if they did not already exist for this List App.
- This List App is added to the My Work Settings Page.
Note: Since the My Work page uses the EPM Live Content DB as its data source, when you enable a List App as a Work List, you must also be sure this List App is enabled as a reporting list.
4. Enable Reporting
Enable Reporting: When the check box is selected, this setting is enabled. By enabling the Reporting feature, this List App is mapped to the EPM Live Reporting Database and added to the Reporting Settings page.
5. Save and Close General Settings
When finished, click Save.