In this article, you will learn how to enable workspaces for items in a List App. This setting allows for item workspaces, such as a project workspace, which is different than the isolated workspaces.
Note: The instructions in this article are applicable to Administrators in the Top Level Site as well as to Power Users who have Owner permissions on a workspace.
1. Navigate to the List Settings
Navigate to the List App.
- On the View Toolbar, select the Settings Gear.
2. Open General Settings (EPM Live)
Under the General Settings heading, select General Settings (EPM Live).
3. Item Workspaces
This feature is available to allow for item workspaces to be created for items in this List App.
- Enable Workspace Creation: This feature allows for a sub-site workspace to be created linked to a specific List App item. An example use of this may be a project workspace created for a project in the Project Center List App. The newly created workspace contains the data from the original list item. Meaning, the project data is available to view and edit from the workspace. Also, all associated items and features can be accessed from the workspace.To allow this feature, check the box.
- Auto Create:When this setting is enabled (checked), a new workspace will automatically be created for each item in the List App. For example, if there is to be a project workspace for every project in the Project Center, then by checking the box, a new workspace will always be created. The user/Project Manager won't need to manually create the workspace. To enable this feature, check the box. Then, click Save (to close the page). Go back into the General Settings page, and the next option to select the template will show. Note: If only some projects will have workspaces, or, if the user should be able to select which workspace template they want for their workspace, do NOT select this feature.
- Select Template: If the Auto Create feature is enabled on the List App, then the Select Template option will appear. You must have at least one workspace template saved in the Workspace Template Gallery in order to use this feature. Refer to the article for Workspace Templates for instructions how to save a Workspace Template.
- Parent Site Template: If applicable, select the Parent Site Template. The drop down will show you any lookup fields from this List App. An example use case for this would be if each project's workspace is to be created beneath its parent portfolio site, rather than just below the main top level site.
4. Save and Close General Settings
When finished, click Save.