This article explains how to schedule your report with the email scheduler. The email scheduler auto-sends the report to the specified recipients on a regular basis at a time interval of your choice.
Important Note: This feature requires additional setup on the EPM Live Server. At this time, the feature is not functional, as it hasn't been set up on the shared server, nor on the on-premise customer servers at the time EPM Live Analytics was installed. Stay tuned for an update once this feature is enabled.
1. Navigate to the EPM Live Analytics Reports Page
- On the navigation menu, select Reports to open the Business Intelligence Center.
- Click EPM Live Analytics.
2. Open Report Designer
- If you are on the Reports landing page, hover over a report to show the Print and Edit icon buttons. Click the Edit icon. -- Or --
- If you are already viewing a report, click the Open in Designer icon.
3. Navigate to Misc Tab
Select the Misc tab.
4. Add Email Scheduler
- Schedule: Select the time and starting date for the email.
- Repeat Type: Select the time interval for the report to be sent.
- Send Email as: Select how the report will be embedded or attached to the email. Select from the options below.
- Recipients: Enter email addresses, separated by semicolons.
Email Format Options:
- Link: This option adds a link to the report in the email. For this option, the email recipients must be EPM Live users, since the link will direct them to the EPM Live site to see the report.
- Embedded: This option embeds the report into the body of the email.
- HTML2PDF: This option sends the email with a PDF attachment of the report.
- CSV: his option sends the email with a CSV document attachment of the report.
- HTML: his option sends the email with a HTML file attachment of the report.
- Excel (XLS): his option sends the email with a Excel document attachment of the report.
Note: If you are an on-premise customer or hosted on a dedicated server, you will need to ensure your server is properly configured for the email scheduler of EPM Live Analytics reports. Please contact your EPM Live Installation Specialist for assistance in installing this feature. If you are an online customer (SaaS), this has already been configured. No additional setup is required.