Overview: The client wants to move the database from an old server to a new server
- Go to old server/old version and open Everest Client.
- Go to Utility->Database Maintenance -> Backup Company.
- Backup the company into a file. Copy this file over to the new server.
- Go to the new server. Make sure a new company under the same name as the old is set up.
- Go to Utility -> Database Maintenance -> restore company.
- Select 'From Device' and 'File Name'. Point to the file saved in step 1. Click OK.
- If the database itself needs updating, the user will be prompted to update after pressing OK.
Confirmation: In order to verify if it was successful; open any document, such as sales invoices or sales order and check if the list of documents exists and is they recently dated.
Content Author: Cristian Cucu